We at LAGOM, strive to normalise the concept by re-framing how psychiatric illness among Healthcare Professionals is viewed, that it should be treated with the gravity as we do any other medical condition, and not as a character flaw or a sign of weakness.
Our organisation aims to adopt the very essence of Lagom into the chaotic midst of the mental health situation amongst healthcare workers.
It’s common understanding that the phrase ‘mental health’ often connotes stigma and prejudice, especially when healthcare workers themselves struggle with it. However, We at LAGOM, strive to normalise the concept by re-framing how mental illness is viewed, that it should be treated with the gravity as we do any other medical condition, and not as a character flaw.
• Create a conscious community of Healthcare Professionals in the mental health space
• Raise awareness and foster a culture that gives the same importance and gravity to psychiatric illnesses as physical illnesses
• Educate and equip ourselves with acute, life-saving psychiatric interventions to better help our patients, our colleagues & ourselves.
• Curate educational resources to develop a course that would be mandatory for all healthcare professionals to be equipped to provide a holistic psychiatric analysis in all patient assessments
• Destigmatise mental illnesses especially in the Healthcare Community
• Build a better world that is inclusive, kind and empathetic to all healthcare professionals in the LAGOM Family, regardless of man-made borders and other societal categorisations.
Thank you for joining us on this revolutionary journey to fight the stigma and to be better Healthcare Workers, better emotional beings, and just better in general.
We get sick too
For so long our healthcare community has suffered in silence. We have shouldered the burdens of a system that doesn’t have sufficient beds for those at it’s doors. We have suffered the grief of losing strangers and losing our very own. We have nightmares of not living up to society’s expectations. We are exhausted.
Do we really need to suffer alone?
Let’s stop being another statistic and take the onus for our mental health, together.
LAGOM strives to provide resources and tips for acute psychiatric interventions to help our patients, to help our colleagues, to help ourselves.
Join us in this revolutionary journey to create a conscious community of healthcare professionals, where we learn to heal ourselves.